Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Upward Bound

Well I just finished working at the Upward Bound Summer Program. It was an amazing summer!!!! I loved the professor I tutored under, the kids in the program were awesome, and the staff I worked with are such amazing people. I definitely learned a lot and made some life time friends. I loved this job and would do it again in a heartbeat if I would be able to see Bryce more often. Staff picture: Shelynne Carter Nutrition 1020 tutor

Our Human Staff Pyramid

How do we line up?

At the end of the program, the kids vote on the most preferred. Trevor, Savannah and I were voted Best Dancers of the Summer

Are we normal or crazy?!? You decide!


During the program, the Upward Bound Executive Council planned a few parties and activities. The first activity was a character olympics. Here are the staff's outfits.

The Three Blind Mice

Another activity the council planned was an Un-birthday party. This was my team for Charades.


Another duty I had this summer was to work with Makaela on the summer yearbook. Here are our talented and creative yearbook staff.

At times, Makaela and I thought we were going crazy, but it all worked out in the end and the yearbook was a success.




Other activities we did during the six weeks included PE every night. For one night I was in charge of tumbling for PE.









I loved this summer and all the amazing people I met and had the opportunity to work with!!! Now it is off to Logan where we get to spend the next few weeks with my wonderful family. This job helped me realize how blessed I am to have such an amazing husband and loving family in my life. Life doesn't get much better than this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment