So lately I have really noticed and been completely overwhelmed with all the blessings I have been given. If I listed everything this post would never end, but I want to list just a few of the greatest blessings I have noticed and am grateful for in my life.
1. I have been blessed with an amazing husband. He truly is my best friend and I couldn't picture my life without him. One of my favorite things about Bryce is his love of the gospel. He is a worthy priesthood holder who honors and loves to use his priesthood to help others. Bryce is very dedicated and a hard worker. I know he will be an amazing doctor someday and I know that although medical school will be hard, he will persevere and excel in everything he will do. If I had to chose one word to describe Bryce it would be perfect. He is a wonderful example to me and he makes me want to become a better person when I am with him.
2. I could not have asked for a better family than the one I was born into. My family sticks together no matter what. We have had our share of laughs, smiles and a few tears but through it all we knew we could always depend on each other. My dad is a perfect example of hard work and service. I never truly realized or appreciated all he has done for my family and I the past 23 years. From waking up at 4:30 am every morning for work to devoting most of his time on Sunday to his church callings, my dad is always concerned with others and selflessly giving of his time and talents to benefit his family and those he comes in contact with. My dad is a perfect example of prioritizing his life. He knows when to work and he knows when to play, which allows our family to have fun but also feel protected as well.
There is no other comparison for my mom than calling her an angel. She is truly a saint. I don't know of another person who is as selfless as she is. Her first concern and priority in life is her children. My mom has been to every soccer, basketball, baseball, volleyball, and softball game. She has never missed a dance competition, track or gymnastics meet. My mom has always been our number one fan. She was there to share our victories and she was the one who was there to wipe away our tears and support us through our defeats. My mom is a spiritual giant. One of my favorite memories as a child was walking in and seeing my mom kneeling by her bedside praying. I know by the way my mom conducts her life that she has a testimony of this gospel, that she has a relationship with our Father in Heaven, and that she knows that she has a purpose here on the earth. I hope that someday I can become just like my mom because she is my best friend, my perfect example, my hero!

Skyler is a perfect example of faith and endurance. Although Skyler has not had the easiest life (living with two sisters can't be very easy), he has always endured and put his trust in the Lord. He knows that the Lord is with him and he knows what really matters in life. To me, Skyler is a champion. Although he has been knocked down a few times, he never gives up and he rises above and beyond the challenges he has faced. Because of Skyler and his example I know that the scripture "... all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good" is true. Through his adversities, Skyler has become a stronger person and he is now someone I look up to. This post is hard to do because I am going to miss my little, but taller brother. I know he will be an amazing missionary and he will help many individuals, but I can't wait to see him again. Skyler always knows what to say to make me laugh and to make my day. He is such an amazing brother and one of my best friends.

Another one of my best friends is my sister. Someday, I hope to possess some of the same qualities she has. Brittanee knows how to light up a room with her loving and bubbly personality. She makes friends easily because she is a great example of a best friend. She is there to laugh with, to cry with, and she is the friend who will listen without interrupting. Brittanee also has amazing fashion sense ( I am hoping someday to get some of her hand-me-ups). Brittanee is also extremely athletic. No matter what sport she tries, she is instantly a pro at it and everyone wants her on their team. Brittanee is a beautiful girl inside and out!

3. I am extremely grateful for my extended family. My grandma has always supported me in everything that I have done. She is an amazing lady and it is easy to see why my mom is so amazing! I am grateful for the closeness we share with my extended family. My uncles, aunts and cousins feel more like brothers and sisters. We are one big, happy family and we do everything together. When I think about my family the phrase "The More the Merrier" comes to mind.

4. I have a lot more to be grateful for, but this post is getting really long so last but definitely not least, I am grateful for the gospel. Growing up, I took for granted what an amazing blessing this gospel truly is. I have the knowledge that I will be with my amazing family for eternity. I have the opportunity to be married in a beautiful castle (the temple) and be sealed to my best friend for time and all eternity. We also know that by living righteously our future children will be able to live with us eternally. Most importantly I am grateful for my Savior and all that He has done for me. It is because of Him that I have the blessings and the knowledge that I have.
Basically after finishing this post I realized how truly blessed I have been and I am amazed at how wonderful life really is!!




This was so sweet. You are a blessing in my life and I hope you never forget it. I loved you from the moment I saw you.
ReplyDelete