Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 22, 2011

White Coat Ceremony

Well the day is finally here!!! Bryce is starting medical school. This is something that he has dreamed about since he was a little boy, and it is finally here. Last Friday we attended Bryce's White Coat ceremony with his mom and dad and my parents and grandma. We were all so proud of him and it was fun celebrating his accomplishments together!!!



"Keep your white coats open, and keep your heart as open as your coat is"
Bryce has always been such a loving and caring person. I know that he is not going to have a problem keeping his "heart open" to his patients.
"Let me say something to the friends and family of the class of 2015, it's been nice knowing you, see you in 4 years!"
This wasn't one of my favorite quotes, but it is good for me to realize that these next four years are going to be very demanding of Bryce's time, but I also want him to know that I stand behind him 100%, no matter what!!!
"The act of caring for someone and the act of giving care to someone are often not the same thing, but to be a good physician they should be."


Bryce Eagar Carter receiving his white coat.







The class of 2015 reciting the Hippocratic Oath:
"I solemnly pledge to consecrate my life to the service of humanity. I will practice medicine with conscience and dignity. The health and life of my patient will be my first consideration.
I will hold in confidence all that my patient confides in me. I will maintain the honor and the noble traditions of the medical profession. I will give respect and gratitude to my deserving teachers.
My colleagues will be as my family. I will not permit personal considerations to interfere with my duty to my patients. I will maintain the utmost respect for human life.
Even under threat, I will not use my knowledge contrary to the laws of humanity. These promises I make freely and upon my honor."
Class of 2015

The soon to be Doctor Carter. Doesn't he already look like a doctor?? Personally, I think he already looks like an amazing pediatrician, but that is just my opinion :)

My amazing husband. I am so proud of him. The ceremony was a little emotional for me. I have seen all the hard work and dedication that Bryce has put into his premed classes as well as his application and it is amazing to see all that work pay off. I couldn't help thinking while the speakers were speaking about all the lives that Bryce will touch and potentially save during his lifetime. He is an amazing man who loves to help others! I am so proud of him and I can't wait to begin this long, demanding, but extremely rewarding journey with him!
Amazing friends. Soon to be Dr. Bosshardt and Dr. Carter

Thanking the keynote speaker

One proud papa

Ecstatic Mama

These next few pictures are of Bryce's supporters. His parents, my parents (his second parents who consider Bryce to be their oldest son) and my grandma.




We love you Bryce and know that you will be an amazing doctor someday!!!

1 comment:

  1. We are so proud of Dr. Carter to be and his wife. You are an amazing couple and I love to see you together and share the love that you have for one another. I know that these next few years will be hard but if anyone can succeed, it will be you two. I love you so much and will always be here if you ever need me. Mom

    ReplyDelete