Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Attitude is Everything cont....

Well I was going to do this post Sunday after our crazy, unusual, interesting Saturday, but life has been so busy and hectic so it will be finished now. As mentioned in the previous post, I woke up Saturday morning with the thought "Attitude is everything." As you can see from my previous post, I thought it had to do with Bryce being in medical school and being gone so much. WRONG!!! By the end of the night I came to realize that the little thought I had, was warning me for my upcoming day.

It seemed like a normal Saturday with Bryce leaving super early to study and me finding things to do around the house. We still don't have any furniture in our living room, and a few days ago I found on KSL (love this site) a couch and love seat for $80. Too good to be true??? Anyway, when Bryce got home we decided that this deal was awesome and would go really fast so we drove to Murray to check it out. Here begins our very eventful and unexpected adventure. When we show up we discover that this amazing couch and love seat is actually a lazy boy reclining chair and an ottoman. Not exactly what we were hoping for. We told the boy that we were looking for a full sized couch and left. Then in the 5 minutes it took us to drive around the block we decided that it was a great deal and that we could use the chair instead of the love seat. So we turned around and bought it. Luckily, my cousin Marisa and her husband Jarom lived around the corner so we were able to borrow their truck to travel our little purchase home. We were going to meet them that night at the Bees game and so decided that it would be easier if we just changed vehicles for the next 2 hours. We were a block away from our house when we remembered that we left our house key on the key chain that was now in Marisa's hand. When we called our maintenance man we discovered that it would cost us $50 to be let into our apartment. Instead of paying we decided to wait 30 minutes for Marisa and Jarom to come by and in the mean time we would enjoy our new lazy boy. As you can see we had a little too much fun with the pictures.





While we were waiting, Marisa and Jarom were held up and didn't get to our house until 7. Since the game started at 6:35, we hurried over and made it just in time for the third inning. It was perfect because baseball games are kinda long sometimes anyway. Marisa must have a knack for picking the best seats in the entire stadium. We were right behind the home plate which was amazing!!! So we ended up losing, the fireworks were delayed and didn't get home until 11. When we arrived to have our dinner we discovered that the potatoes were burnt, the chicken was completely charred, and our jello was frozen.

Luckily I had that thought when I woke up and all Bryce and I could do was look at each other and laugh. I discovered that attitude really is everything. I could have been upset about all the little setbacks and unfortunate events that happened during the day, but it really was a great day spending time with my husband and cousins. I discovered that having a positive attitude really makes everything so much better!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I never saw this post until now. lol. I still feel so terrible about that day...and the part about me having a knack for picking seats...hillarious. I had so much fun that day. I'm sorry it was such a crazy day. We need to get together again soon...I miss you guys. That is if we didn't blow it too much from last time! ha ha.

    ReplyDelete