Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 22, 2011

Bryce's Birthday Celebration

This year Bryce's birthday was pretty busy, but not exactly with birthday celebrations. Bryce started orientation for medical school last Monday, so on Thursday (his birthday) he spent most of the day (8-5:30) at school. I picked Bryce up at 5:30 and we headed to a Freshman BBQ. The BBQ was a lot of fun and I had the opportunity to meet a lot of Bryce's classmates and their spouses. Everyone was so nice and friendly. After dinner got started one of the directors asked if Bryce Carter could come to the front. The people at our table were worried that maybe Bryce had already gotten in trouble. Turns out, on of Bryce's classmates found out it was his birthday and ordered a huge cake. We still don't know who it was, but we can't believe how generous that person was. Anyway, the entire class (82 people plus their families) sang to Bryce. His face was beet red, but I really enjoyed the experience :)

After the BBQ we came back home and I had a few surprises of my own for Bryce. I had decorated the house with 14 reasons why I loved Bryce and then had a note taped to the door. The note read:

Reasons Why I Love You Scavenger Hunt

Birthday Boy,

There are a million reasons why I love you;

But time is short, so I will name just a few.

Look around this room and you will see;

14 reasons listed as clearly as can be.

The hidden reasons you must know;

So on this journey, you must go.

The first reason lies within a book;

So hurry, open it, you must take a look.

This book you must read faithfully;

Either by yourself, or with me.



This first clue lead Bryce to his scriptures where he found his first present (a candy bar with the first reason why I love him:

I love your strong testimony and love of the gospel.

His next clue was:

Good job, the scriptures were answer number one;

By the end of the journey you’ll be having so much fun.

It’s time for reason number two;

So quickly read this next clue.

Search high and low, but you may not find;

This clue for it isn’t one of a kind.

This thing switches off and on;

It is usually off when we are gone.


This led him to the light switch in his bathroom, a pack of mini reeses and the second reason:

I love how your personality lights up a room.

Clue number three:

Two reasons down, eight more to go;

This is supposed to be fun you know.

This next object is really hot;

And microbes, it will kill a lot.

So think real hard and use your wit;

Make sure to grab your oven mitt.


Here he found a box of jolly ranchers and the third reason:

I love your cooking and the way you are not afraid to help out in the kitchen.

Clue four:


Go to a place where you take a poo;

Brush your teeth and fix your doo.

Look at the thing where you may see double;

Hurry quick, or there may be trouble.



Hot Tamales and:

I love how handsome you are, and that I get to look at you forever.

Fifth clue:

This next clue deals with me and you;

Whenever you leave, I cry boo-hoo.

Step out the door, but don’t go too far;

This may be a place to hide the key to your car.


Gum and reason:

I love the way you kiss me.


6th:

We each have one, yours and mine;

But this next clue isn’t in your shrine.

When you get real cold, and are going outside,

You put these on, while you’re still inside.



New Black Church socks and:

I love the way our hands fit so perfectly together.


7th:


Now it’s time to have some pride;

For this is something you can’t hide.

From now on, this is your life;

So take a seat, and ignore your wife.


Black Licorice &:

I love how intelligent you are.


8:

You are doing really great;

Time to find clue number eight.

Now hurry quick, you need to zoom;

Into our cozy bedroom.


New Basketball shorts...

I love how you are the last person I want to see before I go to sleep, and the first person I want to wake up to.

9th:

Now that that clue is over and done;

Get off that bed and have more fun.

Go on a little walk.

And find that noisy tick tock.

Monopoly Deal and

I love how you always make time for me.


The Final Clue:

YEA, we made it to the end of your quest;

You did quite well, you gave it your best.

I love you Bryce, and I hope you see;

That time is just not long enough for me.

A new button-up shirt and

I love that I get to be with you for all eternity!!!


The next day was Bryce's White Coat Ceremony. After the ceremony we had a little birthday party for Bryce. We had BBQ pork sandwiches with chips, fruit and fruit dip, a vegetable tray, and some lemonade. The best part of the whole dinner was probably the birthday cake.

I found a picture online of a white coat cake and decided that that was the cake I wanted for Bryce's party. I emailed the picture to my mom and she had some amazing ideas how to make it work. I then told her that the reason I sent it to her was because I wanted her help with it :)

My mom is my lifesaver and my family came early to the ceremony so that my grandma and my mom could help me with dinner and with the cake! Here is our final product!!!!

After dinner it was time for the presents...
Here are the gifts that Bryce got once he had finished his scavenger hunt the night before.

Two button up shirts from my family
Some candy bars and new jeans from his parents

Money from my grandma, my aunts Kathy, Bonnie, Ginger and their families
An armband that holds your ipod while you run from my family and I

After presents it was time for the best part.... BIRTHDAY CAKE. I was a little nervous lighting the candles because I didn't want the fire alarm to go off and turn the sprinklers on in every apartment in our building.
Bryce (the windbag) was able to get all 24 candles out in the first blow. I couldn't believe that I had to put an entire pack of candles on his cake. Boy, is he getting old :)
Happy Birthday Bryce! I love you so much and can't wait to see what this next year has in store for us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment