Well the first week of medical school is done!!! Surprisingly, it wasn't as bad as everyone said it would be, granted it was only the first week. However, I am so grateful for this experience that we are going through. A very important lesson I have quickly learned is that "Attitude is everything!!!" "Whether we think we can, or we think we can't we are right." How true I realize this saying is. If I think that being alone so much is hard it is, but when I think about all the good Bryce is accomplishing and that it isn't that hard then it isn't.
I love having my husband in medical school. Yes, I know it is going to be hard, but I have learned some very valuable lessons already and I am sure there are more to come. I have also learned to cherish every moment, and make every minute together count. Last night was our date night, so we went to red box and rented a movie, but when we got home Bryce wanted to play cards, so we put the movie aside and enjoyed just being together. It was a wonderful night, that didn't cost anything but time!!!
Don't get me wrong, I miss my husband like crazy when he is gone, but I have also had to adjust my perspective. I have had to realize that I am not the only important thing in his life and instead of complaining to him about being gone all the time, I need to make his life easier by being excited and enjoying the time he is here.
I am so proud of my husband and all that he is doing and accomplishing! I am grateful for this growing and learning experience we are able to have together.
I love having my husband in medical school. Yes, I know it is going to be hard, but I have learned some very valuable lessons already and I am sure there are more to come. I have also learned to cherish every moment, and make every minute together count. Last night was our date night, so we went to red box and rented a movie, but when we got home Bryce wanted to play cards, so we put the movie aside and enjoyed just being together. It was a wonderful night, that didn't cost anything but time!!!
Don't get me wrong, I miss my husband like crazy when he is gone, but I have also had to adjust my perspective. I have had to realize that I am not the only important thing in his life and instead of complaining to him about being gone all the time, I need to make his life easier by being excited and enjoying the time he is here.
I am so proud of my husband and all that he is doing and accomplishing! I am grateful for this growing and learning experience we are able to have together.




Amen Sister, keep at it, it gets better I promise :). And it really does make you enjoy the times that he is home so much more :)
ReplyDelete