Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin Walk

Bryce and I decided to make a surprise visit to Logan two weekends ago to celebrate my mom's birthday. Since we had seen my family the week before, my mom wasn't expecting to see us again. My little sister was such a perfect little fibber and she made sure that my mom had no idea we were coming. When we got to Logan we met Brittanee at Maceys (my mom thought she was going to Twizzle Berry with her friend) and picked up some balloons and a birthday cake Brittane had already ordered. Then Brittanee texted my mom and said that her friend wanted to come by the house and wish my mom a happy birthday. When we walked in the house Bryce and I both yelled "Happy Birthday" and my mom sat up and was like "That is NOT Amy." She was so surprised, but so ecstatic that we were there.

My dad cooked some steaks on the grill and my mom made some homemade french fries for dinner. It was so amazing and it was so nice to finally go home. We haven't been to Logan since we left in July and I felt like our entire house had changed. I kept walking around saying oh this is cute when did you get this, and then my mom would say oh we've had that for months. So far, my mom has redecorated her living room and now has an adorable hanging family pictures on the wall, my dad has started to repaint the trim around the house, and they got a new sink. I felt like I was at a stranger's house.

After dinner we decided to go to the pumpkin walk since Bryce had never been to one before. It was kinda chilly, but we all dressed up nice and warm and had such a fun time. Here are a few pictures of our favorite displays. It still blows my mind how people can be so creative and make their pumpkins look real. I love the pumpkin walk and I am truly impressed every year I go.

Kung Fu Panda

American Flag

Mickey Mouse from Fantasia

Angry Birds

Dorthy from Wizard of Oz

Despicable Me
We love those little minions

Gilligan's Island


Fido (pronounced FEE-DO)

Boy Scout camping

This display was so neat. You can't really tell from the picture, but the waterfall was coming out of the pumpkin's mouth

Tangled. Brittanee was so sure that there would be a Tangled display. Although it was one of the last displays we saw, she got her wish.

Bambi

A Christmas Story

Winnie the Pooh
This Tigger was so impressive



I Love My Hunny

Yoda

"Can he fix it, YES HE CAN" Bryce is definitely my little handy man at home

The Sweet Mickey Mouse (this Mickey Mouse is definitely cuter than the Fantasia Mickey Mouse)

"You're Wish is My Command"

"Expelliarmus" Mom was prepared with her magic ward to scare away the wicked witches if we happened to run into any of them. Unfortunately, we got there too late and the witches had already left.

"You Got a Friend in Me"

The Lovely Snow White

The Little Mermaid

Cinderella

There were so many people at the pumpkin walk that we had to park our car a few blocks away and then ride a bus to get to the entrance


Once we got home we were so inspired (really Mom and Brittanee were inspired) and wanted to make our own creations. They had already spray painted the two larger pumpkins and were just getting ready to finish their caterpillar. Needless to say, we had a little too much fun with the spray cans and ended up painting some of the sidewalk and some of the grass. Dad always wanted really green grass, now he gets bright lime green grass. Once the pumpkins were painted we still hadn't gotten all of our fill with the "vandalizing". We tried to talk dad into letting us spray paint the back fence (which is falling apart anyway), but he said No Way Jose. Brittanee was a good sport and brought out one of her old T-Shirts and we had a hay day with that.

After the Pumpkin Walk and once our pumpkins were finished we ended my mom's birthday with the traditional singing and birthday cake. We didn't get a picture of her present, but we aren't horrible children and we did get her something. We went in with my grandparents and my mom used that money to buy herself an ipod touch.

Happy Birthday to the most amazing, wonderful, beautiful, self-less, caring, talented, mom in the whole world. You are such an amazing example of what a mother should be. I love you so much. Bryce and I are so blessed to have you for a mother and our children will be the luckiest grandchildren in the world. Could we be any more blessed??? (Maybe if you let us win once in awhile at Snarf :) haha. We love you so much mom, and hope you had a fabulous day!!!


2 comments:

  1. This was such a special weekend. I had so much fun and loved all the surprises I received. Thank you for coming home for my birthday. It meant so much to me. I love your post and will be copying it for my blog also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. The dog in the one picture is pronounced just how it sounds. FIDO. Mother knows best. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete