Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Festivities

The week before Halloween, Bryce and I went to carve pumpkins with some of Bryce's medical school friends. The host would bring all the supplies, we were just in charge of bring our own pumpkin. In my family, we don't take finding pumpkins lightly. Growing up, we used to go to a large pumpkin patch and walk around for hours (probably not, but it felt like it then), until we found our "perfect" pumpkin.

This year, however, I didn't have time to go shopping for our pumpkin in the big pumpkin patch. Instead, I had to settle for the small selection that Walmart had. However, I was not going to "settle". I was determined to find the biggest, and best pumpkin to take for our carving festivities. Needless to say, I found this big baby and plopped it right into my cart. I must have found a winner because while I was walking around Walmart I had many customers jealously eyeing up my pumpkin. As I was checking out one man exclaimed, "Wow, that pumpkin is bigger than you." haha.

Bryce and I had a lot of fun carving our pumpkins with his friends and we were extremely proud of our little masterpiece.


When we got home, Bryce decided to try out some of his cooking skills. While I was busy, he got online, looked up an apple crisp recipe, and made us some apple crisp from scratch. I was so surprised and totally impressed when I smelled those delicious aromas coming from our kitchen. It was DELICIOUS!!!

For Halloween Bryce and I decided to go trick or treating with a twist. Instead of asking for a treat from our neighbors, we decided to make Halloween sugar cookies and deliver them instead. However, delivering cookies was simply just not enough. We decided to dress up as Mario and Luigi and deliver our little treats. Our neighbors' reactions were priceless and Bryce and I had a blast!


1 comment: