Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pregnancy Update: 1st Trimester


This has been such a fun and exciting new adventure already.  I would consider myself one of the "lucky" ones when it comes to morning sickness (which I'm not sure why it is called MORNING sickness, I was worse at nights for sure!!!).  I was hoping that pregnancy was a gene that you could pass on because my mom had the easiest pregnancies ever.  She only threw up once between all three pregnancies, and of course it was with me :)  Anyway, it seems like I may be like her because I have only thrown up twice (both times it was because I gagged on the GIGANTIC prenatal pill.)  I wish they would come up with a pill that was smaller considering when you are pregnant and have better gagging reflexes and feel nauseous, swallowing a horse pill is the last thing you want to do.  I guess it is just one of those things that moms do for their children.  I never realized the sacrifices start so early :)  Anyway, if you ask me I think that I was pretty lucky.  I was pretty nauseous and had to take it easy for a few weeks, but some women spend months in the bathroom, so yeah I'd say I'm pretty lucky.  Bryce on the other hand probably would disagree.  He felt so helpless for those couple of weeks when I nauseous.  Secretly I almost wish it would have lasted a little longer (ALMOST!)  Bryce was the sweetest hubby ever.  Every night he would grab some crackers and set them by my bed with some water and ask if there was anything else he could do.  What a sweetheart!!!
Actually he still spoils me and I don't feel sick anymore so I definitely am loving the second trimester!

So basically I am glad that the first trimester is over, but I also realize how lucky and blessed I was, it could have been a lot worse.  I am so excited for the 2nd trimester.  I can't wait to feel the baby move and to look pregnant (not really excited for the "Is she pregnant or just fat?" stage, but let's just hope it passes quickly!)

 4 weeks


8 weeks

12 weeks


14 weeks




1 comment:

  1. This is SOOOO cute! I loved reading every word!! The last picture was especially a favorite :) I am sooo excited for you! And you do NOT look pregnant even a little you skinny little butt haha not fair. You look great! I guess I'll give you the real ultimatum when I see you soon ;) haha miss you!

    ReplyDelete